4. What High School did you attend? Altoona High School
5. College? Penn State
6. What is your Favorite sport to watch on TV and your favorite sport to attend in person?College Football
7. What sports are you best in participating in?
Basketball. I can nail the open jumper
8. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
9. Who is your favorite sports celebrity of all time?
Joe Paterno, hands down.
10. Bases loaded, two outs in the bottom of the ninth of the Game Seven of the World Series and your team is down one run...Which active baseball player do you want at the plate? Hate to say it, but Manny Ramirez. He is Mr. October. What a clutch player!
11. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Tom and Jerry. Watch it every night with my daughter Rachel
12. What is your favorite national sports moment?
Miracle on ice. Still get goose bumps when watching that finish in Lake Placid
13. What is your favorite New York sports moment?
Giants winning the Super Bowl over the Patriots in 2008. That was a huge upset. Being on the field right after the game was over was a big time rush.
14. If you could change a rule in sports, what would it be?
College Basketball. You shouldn't be able to call a timeout when you're in mid-air on you're way out of bounds. That drives my crazy.
15. What New York Athlete do you admire most?
Eli Manning for handling all the pressure of playing in New York
16. What New York athlete would you like to see leave town?
Stephon Marbury of the Knicks. Very tired of his act
17. What's your favorite: College or Pro Sports?
College more then the Pro's. Nothing better than a Saturday afternoon with 108-thousand of you're favorite fans watching major division one college football.
18. If you could invite three people to dinner, living or dead, who
would they be?
Joe Paterno, President Bush, and Neil Diamond.
19. What was your most interesting interview?
Getting screamed at by Former Steeler linebacker Jack Lambert back in the 1982, after a tough loss. Did not like my line of questioning and tried to throw me out of the locker room. I was a cub reporter, and scared to death of him. He did not have any front teeth.
20. Favorite broadcaster of all time?
Growing up loved listening to Bob Prince do Pittsburgh Pirates Play by Play on the radio. His best saying was there "was a bug on the rug".
21. Most embarrassing moment on the air?
Was doing the weather in PA, back in the 1980's, when all the magnets on the weather board--temperature, suns, clouds etc---fell to the floor, live on the 6pm news. I was totally flustered, and just threw it back to the news desk.
22. What is your favorite website (other than foxsports980.com)?
A non-profit organization that provides a wonderful opportunity for siblings of children with chronic illness or special needs to go under the care and supervision of healthcare workers and to get the support they need to help overcome the everyday battles they are faced with. Click here!
9:30AM Rich Garven - Bruins - Telegram and Gazette
10:30AM Jonathan Abrams - NBA Writer - Grantland.com
11:20AM John Craig - Local Golf - WGY
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 The San Antonio Spurs only take control of the NBA finals if they win game 4 on Thursday night, but that's not going to happen. The Spurs enjoying a blowout win on Tuesday night was just the wake up call LeBron James needed. Watch LeBron go off for 30 to even the series at two games apiece. If the Spurs continue to give LeBron the outside shot they will get burnt. And let's face it the Spurs are not going to make 16 three's again in this series. The NBA finals is far from over.
Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 I think Tim Tebow could be a good fit with the Patriots. If anybody can come up with a game plan to utilize his talents it's New England head coach Bill Belichick. I can't see Tebow playing tight end or running back, and how many snaps can he actually get playing behind Tom Brady? All good questions. This move is not a publicity stunt, that's not how Belichick rolls. If he thinks Tebow can help his team win games, then Tebow will land a roster spot. If not, then Tebow won't play in the NFL this season.
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 I wonder if David Wright is having second thoughts about wanting to finish his career with the Mets? The face of franchise has to wonder if and when its going to better in Flushing. The Mets are such a mess right now its hard to even think of them and the playoffs in the same sentence. Wright is a very good player on a bad team, and unfortunatley if wants to make a run at a World Series title before his career is over, he needs to end up findng another team.
Monday, June 10th, 2013 We made it through horse racings Triple Crown series and unless I am over looking someone, no one as solidified itself as the best in the three year old division. Which means its wide open heading to Saratoga in just a little over a month from now. It's way to early to say, but with it being so wide open maybe it sets up well for the Travers. Don't want rush your summer but the best meet in the country is right around the corner.